|Zagan the Exile|
|VRMMORPG||«Sword Art Online»|
|Status||Killed by Yoshiro Kazuki|
«Zagan the Exile» was an Event Boss who spawned in the area outside the 2nd Floor labyrinth in response to the Floor Boss «Asterius the Taurus King» being engaged by the raid-party led by Kibaou and Lind.
According to Kenji «Zagan the Exile» was slightly different in physical appearance to his kin inhabiting the 2nd Floor labyrinth and sported shining white eyes. «Zagan» was almost as tall as a two-story house, was as wide as a bus, had arms as thick as tree-trunks, and had powerful legs that shook the ground when he moved.
Whether it was through some fluke of the system or coded as a genuine design point is unknown, but when «Zagan the Exile» survived the final volley of Sword Skills launched by «Brightscale» (sans Yoshiro) he actually seemed to smile before beginning to initiate his breathe attack.
According to Airi one of the hunting quests she completed whilst partying with Kusaka, Sojiro and Yoshiro on December 7th, 2022, alluded to an exiled Taurus related in some way to the Floor Bosses. She recorded this particular fact in her notebook but subsequently forgot about it.
«Zagan the Exile» was engaged by and defeated by a 5-person party that included the founding members of the «Brightscale» guild, with the party in question being led by Kusaka Kori. Once defeated he gave experience and loot comparable to a Field Boss and dropped the rare Bull Hoplon as the LA bonus, which went to Yoshiro Kazuki through use of the Rage Spike Sword Skill.
- 1st Unnamed Sword Skill -- a single-strike Sword Skill consisting of an overhead swing on a single target. Can be cancelled out completely with an opposing Sword Skill from a sufficiently strong weapon.
- 2nd Unnamed Sword Skill -- a single-strike Sword Skill consisting of a horizontal strike with a cone-like area-of-effect. Can be blocked with a shield for reduced damage.
- Stomp -- «Zagan the Exile's» very steps caused the ground to shake. Can inflict the tumble status.
- Lightning Breathe Attack -- a mechanic that only comes into play when «Zagan the Exile's» HP drops to 10% or below. The timing between inhalation and release was 5 seconds. The element of the breathe attack was never revealed but given that the «Crimson Tide» -- a weapon made using the horns and breathe organ drops with a bonus paralysis affect -- its element can be inferred to be lightning.
«Zagan the Exile» possessed one major weakness: the emblem on his forehead. If this emblem was struck with sufficient force whilst he was charging his breathe attack the ability was cancelled and «Zagan» suffered a brief stun.
- «Bull Hoplon» -- LA Bonus, received by Yoshiro.
- «Bones of the Exile» -- randomised loot, received by Kenji. Given to Yoshiro and used alongside additional materials by Akiye to craft «Suit of the Exile», which comprised four individual pieces: upper-body, arms, feet and helmet.
- «High-quality Exile Hide» -- randomised loot, received by Kenji and Airi. Used alongside additional materials by Akiye and Momoko to craft the «Cardiophylax» and «Exiles Threads» respectively.
- «High-quality Exile Mane» -- randomised loot, received by Yoshiro. Given to Airi and used alongside additional materials by Momoko to craft the «Exiles Cloak».
- «Broken Axe-head» -- randomised loot, received by Airi. Given to Sojiro and used alongside additional materials by Akiye to craft the «Exiles Cuirass».
- «Horns of the Exile» -- randomised loot, received by Sojiro. Used alongside additional materials by Akiye to craft the «Crimson Tide».
- «Breath Organ» -- randomised loot, received by Kusaka. Given to Sojiro and used alongside additional materials by Akiye to craft the «Crimson Tide».
Behind the scenes
- «Zagan» is based on a combination of the canon Mid-Bosses found on the 2nd Floor and the demonic Zagan from the Golden Sun series.
- It is unclear whether «Zagan» existed in the beta or not.
References & notes
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 SAOK: The Eventful Taurus
- ↑ SAOK: The Business of Grinding
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Crimon Tide
- ↑ Known materials for Suit of the Exile
- ↑ Known materials for Cardiophylax
- ↑ Known materials for Exiles Threads
- ↑ Known materials for the Exiles Cloak
- ↑ Known materials for the Exiles Cuirass