This player, Yamaguchi Kenjirou, is property of The Redundant Button.
|Birthday||November 1, 2007|
|Age||15 (Beginning of Aincrad arc)|
|Occupation||High School Student|
|VRMMORPGs Played||Sword Art Online|
|Previous Occupation||Mid-level adventurer|
|Base of Operations||Lunaris (9th Floor)|
|Primary Skill||One-Handed Sword|
|First Appearance||Chapter 5: Setting the Record Straight|
Yamaguchi Kenjirou, known as Lag, is one of the 10,000 people trapped in Sword Art Online. He began the game with four of his friends, all of whom died within the first month. He joined Renee's party, and then her guild shortly after. He is a supporting character in the fan fiction Misfortune Made Her Sword.
Lag is a young boy of slightly below average height, and is noted as being a little on the heavier side. He has short dusty brown hair that he parts down the middle so it falls on either side of his face.
Lag is generally a quiet boy, not given to sudden outbursts of emotion. Even in familiar company he prefers to sit back and listen (read: eavesdrop) unless he is either spoken to or decides that he has something to say. And even then he usually presents himself in an indifferent manner.
He has a love for cooking and trains the skill to maintain normalcy of a sort after being locked in the game. He is protective of the skill, refusing to remove it and use the slot for something else.
Arc 1: Into the Fire
Sword Art Online
- «Alera Carna» - (One-handed short sword - Rare drop)
|One-Handed Sword||Leather Equipment||Light Metal Equipment||Cooking||Mixing|
- Lag's real name is in reference to the character Yamaken from the manga My Little Monster
- His IGN is a double reference. It refers to both Lag Seeing, the main character of the manga Letter Bee, and, like with Okazaki, to the lagging strand of DNA.
- Lag is left-handed.
- Prior to joining Renee's party, Lag's primary weapon was a quarterstaff.
- Lag identifies as asexual. Sveva is the only (currently living) person in game that he has come out to.
- "I'd almost believe you if you weren't being so obvious about it."
- "That was the last one. But I can make more if you help me gather the ingredients."
- "That's called lying."
- "You do all the dangerous '-ings' and I'd really like if you'd stop."
- "I thought I had flour. In a shocking turn of events, I don't have flour."
- "They need love and affection or they will murder you later on."
- "Where do you get off spouting stuff like that?"
- "I can't even fall asleep."