|Millenium War Online|
|Release Date||June 14, 2031|
|Usable Hardware||NerveGear, Amusphere|
Millenium War online, or MWO, is a VRMMO developed by the company Axis. It was released worldwide on June 14, 2031.
Millenium War Online was developed by the company Axis using «The Seed». Many of the game's basic features are similar to Sword Art Online's, but has many new and altered features, such as a greater variety of weapons, to give players more freedom.
The story of MWO is a long and cryptic one. It begins with the appearance of a meteor on a collision course with an early 1960's Earth. The meteor, instead of colliding with the earth, shatters, and fragments fall all over the world. The fragments contain magic power, and begin to release that power. Over time, mankind began to use this energy as a power source. They named the power Soma, and began to use it as ways to improve everyday life.
Mankind was eventually able to reach world peace, and led joint efforts to explore the cosmos, colonizing many worlds and making them livable thanks to the Soma Energt. Some even went as far as to make machines using Soma as energy, which they would later call EXOs. Some humans, after prolonged direct exposure to Soma, began to become "mutated" in a way. These people were called Sorans, and utilize magic. At some point in the future, possibly in the 28th century, an event revered as Shattered Heaven occurred, leaving humanity on the brink of extinction, and released monsters upon the world. Most of the Soma crystals were destroyed, and the only few remaining were fought over constantly.
As a result, mankind was split into 3 factions that competed for the control of the Soma crystals and the control of the world.
MWO is a class-based MOBA, and allows players to choose their own classes, race, and faction, once they start up the game for the first time. Players are given near unlimited options, as the game was designed to be a "play your way" type of VRMMO. Players have a vast amount of freedom, from developing unique skill and movesets, to their overall appearance. Each faction has special perks that can give players advantages over others. While the game is level-based, each class has different sub-classes that can be leveled up and gain different skills that players can swap at will. This allows players to make their class appeal to their own desires.
Players will be asked to join one of the factions in which players defeat enemies to collect shards of Soma crystals, known as Gems. At the end of each month, the faction that gathered the most is awarded twice the amount they gained.
There are three factions that players can choose from; each one has their own, rather mysterious agendas. However, they all fight for the same goal; the complete possession of all Soma.
House of Dragons
The House of Dragons is similar to the old Roman Empire. It is assumed that they desire complete control over Earth, and that the first step to doing so is to control all supplies of Soma. They are lead by the Warlord Val Dir'ge. Their unique perk allows a player to gain a boost in all attribute while their HP is low, making them near invincible for 20 seconds.
House of Ravens
The House of Ravens is a faction of mainly Sorans, and some humans. They believe that they are no different from humans, and seek nothing more than to coexist with mankind and EXOs. However, after the House of Dragons rejected their peace offerings, they decided to wage war. The Raven Regime is led by Ikora Sayaka, a woman who is as mysterious as she is deadly. Their unique perk is the ability to produce immense amounts of magic energy, and be harder to kill when casting spells, or initiating skills.
House of Kings
The Wolves of Kings is the most elusive of the factions. It is assumed that their leader desires the Soma crystals in order to terraform the Earth. The unique perk given to members of this faction is the ability to regenerrate health and mana faster than other factions.
There are a total of four races in the game. The race a player chooses have certain perks, which can slightly affect the overall experience of the game.
Humans are the most basic race in the game. in a sense they are the all-around types. The unique perk for humans is higher vitality and agility.
Sorans are altered humans, changed by exposure to the original Soma crystals, and the energy that radiated from them. Their unique perk is greater reserves of mana.
EXOs are man-made machines, originally built as servant robots, but converted to war machines. Their unique perk is greater stamina and strength. They are not playable in the game, but are commonly seen as NPC races.
Coordinators are a hybrid of humans and EXOs, similar to cyborgs. Their mechanical enhancement usually takes the form of an eye or headpiece, but there have been rare occurrences of the enhancement being an entire body part, such as an arm.
There are seven classes in Millenium War Online. Each one has two sub-classes the player can choose from. Soem sub-classes are shared between classes.
- Saber- Sabers are the class most similar to knights. They are are agile and powerful melee warriors. It is commonly assumed to be the most popular class overall, with high ratings in all categories, and being most similar to a generic player in Sword Art Online. It is one of the three Knight-type classes, together with Lancer and Archer.
- Swordmaster- Swordmaster are capable fighters and gain access to unique and powerful weapons. They occasionally use Swords and Claymores. They have increased agility and defense. This sub-class is shared with Berserkers. An example of this class would be Melzez.
- Buster- Busters are Sabers that have increased strength and defense. This is because are the type that uses heavy weapons, such as buster swords or claymores. An example of this sub-class would be Marida.
- Lancer- Players with this class are very agile and skilled with long-range melee weapons, such as spears, lances, etc. It is one of the three Knight classes, together with Archer and Saber.
- Paladin- Players that use the paladin sub-class share this with the Rider class. These are lancers are given mounts, and therefore have greater agility.
- Sage- Players that choose the Sage sub-class share this with the Caster class. This allows them to cast spells using lances or staves.
- Archer- Players placed within this class are usually proficient with projectiles and deal more damage when further away from their target. They specialize in bows and guns.
- Sniper- Snipers are a sub-class shared with Assassins. They specialize in either sniper rifles,longbows, or short blades. They deal greater damage at a distance, and have higher stealth.
- Gunner- Gunners are given a wide variety of ranged weapons, from bows to guns. They have higher agility and increased strength. An example of this class is Vers.
- Rider- Riders place emphasis upon speed and powerful attacks, which often include their mounts. Their special skill is Riding, which allows them to fully utilize abilities of their mounts. Players that use this class use swords.
- Paladin- Players that use the paladin sub-class share this with the Lancer class. These are riders given swords and lances, and therefore have greater agility.
- Hero- Heroes are Riders that have gone from a single mount to a more heavily armored one; a chariot. They tend to use Swords and axes. They have greater speed and attack strength.
- Caster- Casters are adept in magecraft, and specialize in support roles.
- Warlock- Warlocks are Casters that specialize in attack support. They fight at a distance casting attack spells and curses. An example of this subclass is Krista.
- Sage- Players that choose the Sage sub-class share this with the Caster class. This allows them to cast spells using lances or staves.They also use healing spells or defensive spells, protecting and healing the party or guild they belong to.
- Assassin- Assassins are hunters. They have the highest stealth of their class, which allows them to remain undetected. Offset by their stealth is their weak combat skills. They tend to wield short blades, like knives or daggers.
- Sniper- Snipers are a sub-class shared with Archers. They specialize in either sniper rifles,longbows, or short blades. They deal greater damage at a distance, and have higher stealth.
- Mercenary- Mercenaries are assassins that trade in stealth for speed and skill affinity. They use short blades, as well as weapons of greter reach, such as Katanas or broadswords. An example of this sub-class would be Minato.
- Berserker- Berserkers are resilient, and possess high strength and speed. They specialize in buster swords or clubs. They can expend mana for greater boosts in strength.
- Barbarian- Barbarians are Berserkers that are more balanced, and have greater defense and vitality. They can use a wider range of bladed weapons. An example of this type is Rho.
- Swordmaster- Swordmaster are capable fighters and gain access to unique and powerful weapons. They occasionally use Swords and Claymores. They have increased agility and defense. This sub-class is shared with Sabers.
The title Edge Master is a class that is unique and rare class within MWO. It is awarded to the top 13 players in the game, and is capable of using all weapons types within the game. Once a player replaces another on the top 13 list, the class is transferred to that player, along with any items, XP, and weapons earned while the class was active.