|MC-016P Mikoto Prototype|
|Design Base||-GNY-001 Gundam Astraea|
- RX-0 Unicorn Gundam
- RM-011 Valvrave I Hito
- Ultraman Suit Prototype, Seven, Zero
- Kamen Rider Type 1
|Developed into||MC-016A Mikoto Astray|
|Lore Builder Status||Extensive Lore Enhancement|
|Classification||Prototype, Lore-backed Combat Armor|
|Power Source||Mikoto Drive Test Ver.|
|Armor Material||Mikoto Phase-Shift Polymer (Unrefined)|
|Exclusive Equipment||Mikoto Arms|
|Unique Systems||Mikoto System|
The MC-016P Mikoto Prototype (ミコトプロトタイプ?) is a prototype of Hiroto Myoukouin’s personal Armor Model, designed and built by him. It’s based on Kamen Rider 001 (an incomplete variant of Kamen Rider 01), the Exia’s predecessor GNY-001 Gundam Astraea, and the Unicorn Gundam’s Destroy Mode. The Mikoto Prototype was made as a basis for future Armor Models that used the Mikoto System, acting as a conceptual testbed for various weapons and equipment Hiroto fabricated. It featured a prototype Astray Burst-Rise limit break system which lasted half as long as its successor.
Technology and Unique Characteristics
The Mikoto Prototype is fairly basic compared to its successors. It lacks the highly-modular construction of successive Mikoto Core Armor Models, instead featuring a larger arsenal which would later be developed into the Mikoto Core Modules/Mikoto Raisers. Its version of the Mikoto System revolves around the deployment of various weapons from Hiroto’s support satellite. Hiroto first developed the Armor Data Cards (ADCs) for this armor’s use, though each card holds data on one of his different Mikoto System weapons; they were updated to hold the data for Mikoto Core Modules and Mikoto Raisers following Hiroto’s construction of the finished Mikoto Astray and its successor the Mikoto Zenith. When activated and scanned across his chest armor, the Mikoto Prototype would authorize the deployment of the scanned Mikoto System armament, deploying the chosen weapon to Hiroto’s location via photonic teleportation.
This prototype iteration of the Astray Burst-Rise was an experimental design to see the system’s energy requirements and maximum power output. Its power supply prioritized filling the SOR gauge over basic movements, thus limiting Hiroto’s movements slightly. However, because of this energy priority, the SOR gauge fills much faster than its successors, almost instantly reaching 100% after initial deployment of the armor. Once that gauge reaches 100%, Hiroto can activate the Astray Burst-Rise state, enhancing the armor’s capabilities much more than successive Armor Models. It moves much faster, and hits even harder, perhaps even greater than the Mikoto Astray and Zenith that followed it. However, this Astray Burst-Rise state pushes the armor far beyond its limits, thus ruining the armor due to the extremely high power output. As a result, it has a maximum time limit of 1.5 minutes before the SOR gauge shuts down. Once Hiroto leaves this Over-Rise state, he is left vulnerable as his suit refills the gauge and returns to its standard energy consumption levels.
After intensive testing, Hiroto updated the Mikoto Prototype’s performance to reduce the system’s strain on the suit, allowing it to function on the same level as its successors while minimizing damage to the frame.
The Mikoto Prototype takes inspiration from the GNY-001 Gundam Astraea, Kamen Rider Type 1, and the prototype Ultraman suit. It features a sleek black undersuit and silver armor plating patterned after 001’s segmented design. Its gauntlets, shin armor, shoulder armor, and chest plate are primarily based on the Astraea, with the signature circular chest plate housing the Astray Authorizer scanning device mounted directly on the center of the armor. Its makeshift design belies incredible speed and power, as the armor plating is durable enough without weighing the suit down. The mask is relatively simple, using the Astraea, Prototype and Seven Ultraman suits, and Kamen Rider 001’s helmets as inspiration. Its face is based on 001, with an angular visor based on the Seven and Zero suits and the Astraea’s ear parts, all based on a dark silver helmet. The Valvrave I’s thruster systems are installed throughout the armor and hidden well, allowing the armor to achieve incredible mobility in space or in the atmosphere. The suit has a network of energy conduit lines which begin glowing once Astray Burst-Rise activates.
Hiroto has made several weapons for the Mikoto Astray, in-game and in reality. Most of his weapons have been stored in-game through his Mikoto System’s support satellite. Physical copies of his armor’s weapons are stored in a dedicated shelf in Hiroto’s room. These prototypes were developed into the Mikoto Astray’s weapons, a Mikoto Core Module, or [REDACTED].
- Proto Astray Blade - The Astray Blade’s prototype based off the Ultraman Suit Seven’s Specium Sword and Valvrave I’s Long Z-Edge. It bears a closer resemblance to the Z-Edge, with a straight silver blade and grey and red hilt design. It uses the same material as the Armor Model itself, reinforced with Mikoto Energy tech to give it its incredible sharpness. Hiroto always carries at least one of these.
- CM2011 - An M1911 pistol based on the STI/TTI 2011 Combat Master featured in John Wick Chapter 3. They’ve been further customized to Hiroto’s preferences, and lack the lock-on ammunition featured in its successors. Hiroto dual-wields a single pair of these.
- Proto Mikoto Rifle - The Proto Mikoto Rifle is largely similar to its successor, albeit with a double-barreled alternating barrel. Hiroto developed two versions of this weapon, one that fired crystalline projectiles, and one for beam projectiles. It had a lower level of modularity, but could mount additional attachments as needed.
- Wide Shot Beam - The predecessor to the Banshee Beam Cannon was largely the same, based much more on the Wide Shot weapon than anything else. This heavy energy weapon fires a powerful Mikoto Energy beam from a back-mounted canister, which can be replaced once emptied. It had a higher power output which drained its energy reserves much quicker.
- Mikoto-Astraea Blade - The MC-Exia Blade’s prototype was based more on the Astraea’s Proto GN Blade. Thus, it has an overall smaller size, and lacks the large armor plate which functions like a shield. Due to this size decrease compared to its follow-up, the Mikoto-Astraea Blade lacks the integrated Mikoto Rifle for long-range engagements, and is solely for close-range combat. The blade’s energy coating for high cutting capability remained constant throughout its successive forms. It has the same weaknesses as the MC-Exia Blades that followed it. Two variants of this weapon exist: one designed to mount to the model's right arm, and one for the left arm.
- Exceed Buster (Test Config) - A prototype of the Exceed Buster Blade, it’s a large, single-edged sword with a heated cutting edge used to simultaneously melt and slash through an enemy's armor. Its design bears a heavy resemblance to the Red Queen from Devil May Cry 5, though it lacks the revving mechanism.
- Thermal Katana - A prototype Scintillation Katana using the Proto Astray Blades and a modified hilt which superheats the blades prior to unsheathing. As a result, the blade loses its heated edge over time until it’s resheathed.
- Thermal Wakizashi - A shortened version of the Thermal Katana for easier handling or emergency deployment. It suffers from the same drawbacks as its longer counterpart.
- Overheat Shuriken - Instead of throwing tomahawks with superheated blades, Hiroto previously used superheated shuriken to melt through armor.
- Beam Saber - Hiroto initially used a standard set of the Beam Sabers, which he later modified with increased thermal output when he developed the Rekka Slash Core.
- Mikoto Rifle: Cryokinetic Assault Barrel (Proto Config) - A barrel attachment for the Mikoto Rifle that changes it to an assault rifle firing Boreal crystalline projectiles. It has a lower Boreal damage output than its successor.
- Mikoto Rifle: Sub-Zero Sniper Barrel (Proto Config) - A barrel attachment for the Mikoto Rifle that concentrates its energy into a condensed Boreal beam shot with less power than its successor.
- Absolute Zero Cannon (Prototype Variant) - A large energy weapon which fires an Absolute Zero beam, flash-freezing whatever it hits and its surroundings. Saved for a last resort. Due to its weaker construction and greater damage output, it will shatter upon use; thus, it’s truly an absolute last-resort weapon.
- Frost Missile Launcher - Instead of a box-type multi-missile launcher, this version is a hand-held missile launcher firing the same projectiles as the ones seen on the Fubuki Artillery Core.
- Cryo Grenade Launcher - A revolving grenade launcher reconfigured to launch Cryo Bombs that freeze upon impact in addition to fragmenting.
- Frost Vulcan - A set of rapid-fire weapons which attach to the gauntlets. They don’t do much damage, but they rapidly build up the Stasis effect.
- Hail Shotgun - These ice shotguns blast ice projectiles at enemies for intense close-range damage. Their design was compacted into the Hail Buckshot featured on the Fubuki Artillery Core.
- Typhoon Vulcan - A pair of compact submachine guns. These fire electrostatic pellets at absurdly high speeds, laying down a suppressive barrage while Hiroto dashes around the field. They were developed into the Static Typhoons on the Kaminari Dash Core.
- Mobile Turret - As its name suggests, this weapon is a mobile turret with an energy shield deployed from a gatling gun. It was developed into the Daichi Shield Core’s Gatling Defender.
- Gauss Ballista - A ballista-like weapon which uses Coilgun technology to unleash a powerful kinetic projectile at high speeds with devastating amounts of damage. Its sheer size allows it to be used as a shield; thus, Hiroto constructed the weapon with a highly-durable alloy to allow it to function as such. It was later developed into the Kinetic Buster, forgoing the Coilgun design for a kinetic bombardment weapon.